FAQs about CaraFrequently Asked Questions: a little bit more about me
Who are you?
My name is Cara Leopold, I’m from the UK and I’ve been living in France for 9 years, working mostly as an English teacher. I live in a city called Besançon, which is about an hour from the Swiss border.
What teaching experience do you have?
I’ve taught all types of English learners from business people to small children, from age 6 – 66 in a variety of settings such as business schools, private language schools, one to one classes and of course online.
What are your qualifications?
I have an undergraduate degree BA (Hons) in Linguistics with French, obtained in 2007. In 2009 I obtained my CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults). I returned to university in 2011 and got a master’s degree in Management et Développement International (International Management and Development), from the Université de Franche-Comté in 2013.
What do you do when you’re not teaching online?
If I’m not teaching online, then I’m probably doing these things.
- Going to pilates classes – they actually make me relax because I have to concentrate so hard that I can’t think about anything else!
- Hiking in the region I live in because I love being outdoors and we’re lucky to live close to both the Jura and Vosges mountains.
- Catching up on TV series like Game of Thrones, or The Americans, but most often something a lot less serious like Silicon Valley.
- Going to concerts in my city or sometimes in Switzerland. I love live music and I’m prepared to travel pretty far for it!
- Visiting friends and family in the UK. I go home twice a year: once in the summer and once at Christmas.
What are some things we might not know about you?
- I was born in Scotland and spent my childhood there. After, I moved to England, which is why I prefer to describe myself as British rather than Scottish or English.
- When I was 11, I lived in New Zealand with my family for three months.
- I took a couple of years out from teaching full time to get a business degree and work as a bilingual export assistant.